Forge Wheel Spacers?

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Are Forge wheel spacers any good? I've been looking and they're incredibly cheap.

I can get a full set from Forge themselves for £63.12! Whereas other brands like H&R are around £200?!?!?

Surely it's too good to be true, are they significantly weaker or anything?

Anyone got any advice?

Last edited:
Plus they have 25% off for black friday!!

Looking at 16mm on the back and 11mm up front = £45 with the discount, but you don't get the bolts.

they're £1.80 a bolt so 20 x 1.80 = £36.

Total of £81.... Mad!

you can get H&R from Eurocarparts 12 and 15s for about 132 at the mo (today) comes with bolts just not sure if they are extended or not... just need locking ones..

But this looks a good deal up above... I seen someone selling full sets of extended bolts incl a locking set on fleabay for about £46

How have the Forge spacers been @MA3RC mines will be getting fitted this week

How is it you get the team brill red and Audi A3 beside your name?

If you click on your name at the top - next to the mailbox, then click join user groups. Then join the ones you want :)

@MA3RC
Put my car in the garage this morning to get my spacers and springs fitted to get a call saying the rear spacers iv been sent are 4 stud and not 5. I only checked the correct ones when the boxes came never thought they would have sent the wrong ones.

Question is did you fit your spacers yourself and if so can you give me a guide on how to do it. Iv told them just to go ahead and fit the front and I have ordered new rear ones so will be here on Tuesday.

@MA3RC
Put my car in the garage this morning to get my spacers and springs fitted to get a call saying the rear spacers iv been sent are 4 stud and not 5. I only checked the correct ones when the boxes came never thought they would have sent the wrong ones.

Question is did you fit your spacers yourself and if so can you give me a guide on how to do it. Iv told them just to go ahead and fit the front and I have ordered new rear ones so will be here on Tuesday.

That's odd? Yeah I fitted them myself, you just take the wheel off, put the spacer on the hub and put the wheel back on top of the spacer. Never had any problems with them.

Mine look like this:

This video might help, after you've taken the wheel off you'll firstly want a wire brush to clean all the rust from the hub, so the spacer fits flush and no gunk is between them, put spacer on the hub, line the holes up and insert the black pen thing that comes in your toolkit (it makes it a lot easier putting the wheel back on, just screws in), put your wheel on the spacer then and start feeding the bolts in.

Tighten them to 120nm on your torque wrench, always do opposite corners when tightening as well, makes sure the wheel sits flush

They must have just put the wrong type of spacers in the box it's quite poor as they should be checked before they are posted but I should have checked both boxes straight away. The garage said they will swap them over for me for free so il just do that.
This is what they sent me

Car looks brilliant lowered I'm happy with how it sits now and it's the same drive

That's terrible! I'd be straight on the phone to them, lets see some pics of the car then?

I only have a pic of the front wheel to see the gap I will get a full picture tomorrow

Done the rear spacers myself there. Followed your instructions with the wire brush, I never seen the black screw on pen until I was finished so made a struggle of lining the holes up but got it on.
Used the Audi jack and Audi tool kit wrench so just tightened it as much as I could with hand

That must've been an absolute pig to put the alloys on without the guide pen thing. You might want to get them torqued as too tight can crack / damage the hub and obviously if its not tight enough it can fall off.

I picked mine up on Amazon for around £15 I think. Or get a garage to do them

When I'm getting my alignment down next week I can ask them to check. What will I ask them to do then tighten them to a certain torque?

120nm on the wrench will this be the same with the extended wheel nuts?

Yeah 120nm. The extended bolts wouldn't make a difference