1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

FMIC - Front Mount Intercooler

Quattro_daily Jul 3, 2019

1. Quattro_daily

Quattro_daily Registered User

Few questions about the topic above.

Anyone have an Air Tec or dark side developments FMIC or any other type? Was just wondering if they block or have any problems with them being placed in front of the radiator ?

Also I’m getting a friendly ish exhaust and a few more mods with a remap so thought just getting a front mount now before all the remap makes sense

Plus personally I think the standard ones are poorly placed poorly designed imo.

Any information would be great

Thanks in advance !

Pictures welcome to make me jealous.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Are you petrol or diesel.

4. Rob Avant

Rob Avant Registered User

I’ve got a small FMIC... absolutely no issues with engine cooling.

67823B6A-52C6-41B0-B291-09280380D3D5.jpeg

Ricky Burrows and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Small...:haha:

6. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Registered User

Lol

7. Quattro_daily

I’m an idiot ‍♂️

3.0 tdi 2006 advant diesel !

8. Ricky Burrows

Ohh part of me wishes i got the 3.0tdi they do sound good with an exhaust and a fast car once mapped

9. Quattro_daily

Due to the new job doing 9mpg just was not efficient :( wish I’d made the conversion to Audi sooner !

10. Ricky Burrows

New job or not 9mg has never been efficient id be crying every time i start it up, what was it? only a v8 can cause that much pain/money surely? Lol

11. Quattro_daily

Yep e39 m5 ! 4.9L v8

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Ricky Burrows

Nice inly ever heard good things about them m5’s but I've always been more a Mercedes man i was looking at the e39 m5’s rival the e55 amg but at the time we only had my car and being sensible “for once” went with the facelift e320 cdi sport estate as we had another child on the way they was only a couple grand cheaper than the e55 but million times better on fuel, biggest mistake of my life lol i should of done what you did and just go for it and face the consequences after lol.

14. Paul battams

Paul battams Active Member VCDS Map User

[​IMG] Darkside intercooler on my 3.0tdi that’s making good numbers just made my own bracket didn’t fancy cutting crash bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jay1601

jay1601 Registered User

I got a big Airtec cooler which came off my old 1.8T Leon but made fit, covered over 60K miles so far no issues with airflow for the aircon or rad

Attached Files:

Quattro_daily likes this.