Fitting A New Interior Door Handle

RyanJonS4

Drive It Like You Stole It
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a new interior door handle to their drivers door card?
The rubber finish on mine has marks on it most probably from the previous owners rings and really annoys me as its the only real blemish on the interior.
I called in the parts department yesterday and were surprised that a new one only cost £8 odd from Audi so ordered one.
Should be attempting to fit it at weekend if it arrives in time and wanted to know if anyone else has fitted one, how difficult it is and also if any special tools are needed.
Cheers
RyanJon

Exactly the same on mine, glad a replacement is affordable so will do the same when someone enlightens us. My local Audi independent said you have to remove the whole door card when I asked him but we didn't get as far and locating the fixings....

Cheers for that link, door card should come off fairly easily looking at that.......think the fun bit will be stripping the card down to remove the handle itself!!....not really looking forward to it tbh.....will report back my findings though when i get round to it!

think the fun bit will be stripping the card down to remove the handle itself!!....not really looking forward to it tbh.....will report back my findings though when i get round to it!

I had to change the controls in my door handle and that was a easy afternoon job. Just take it nice and slow with a careful hand.

When you take off the door card unclip the cable from the door handle (white cable in the 2nd pic). To take off the window contols unplug the cables and pop the controls unit out. Im pretty sure the rest will be easy.:salute:

If I knew that the rubber was only £8 I would have changed mine at the same time :banghead:

Picked the handle up today and managed to fit it without any major hassle!!
All but one of the clips on the back of my door card broke so another trip to audi on the cards for tomorrow.
It was quite an easy job but the noise the clips make as there breaking off was rather worrying!!
I also unclipped two plugs from the top of the speaker (only really needed to unclip one of them but didnt realise till later) and cant remember which way round they go back!! (help needed please!!)
All told it took less than an hour and is a cheap way of smartening up the interior.