Fitted new standard DV now car unhappy

lol4fun

Reaction score
Hi, I got a standard DV from my local vw garage today and promptly replaced my leaky forge split r but on the drive back the car seems to be surging or if you let off a little it jolts, the car was quite smooth with the forge on but not so much. I've changed the dog bone mount so its not that.
It also pops when you blip the throttle and the engine almost dies when you pull up to a stop or rev it then let the revs settle.

Help :( lol

Chance the brand new dv could be faulty?

Attached pic so people know the part number.

I think so, high pressure side going into the side of the valve and vacuum pipe on top

The other thing it could be is the split-r had a big enough leak that the adaptions are out of whack... the ecu takes a little while to re-adjust... if you have VCDS you could check for fault codes just in cas, copy them to notepad then reset them... it will reset the fuel trims and may fix the issue

<tuffty/>

The OE DV doesn't fit the same way the split-r does... bottom (opposite of the small vacuum inlet) goes into the TIP and boost goes into the side

<tuffty/>

I thought that and did wonder if the car made compensations for leaks etc, any way to reset this without a vcds? I bought a cheap one off eBay but it didn't work surprise surprise. Probably the first time in years the car has had no vacuum leaks as I've replaced all the small vacuum pipes with silicone ones because they just crumbled when touched

Car is now happier but not perfect, still almost dies and revs up and down after a battering or coming up to a roundabout

Car is now happier but not perfect, still almost dies and revs up and down after a battering or coming up to a roundabout

you have anyone local that would lend you a MAF sensor? could give that a try...