fitted a lip splier, but car has to go to audi for warranty claim should i remove it?

robps3

Reaction score
as header my car had its first service at a independant and they noticed that its possibly got a leak from the underneath thermostate housing so as ive literally got about 12 days warranty left (bought it as a approved used audi) then its booked in next week. I fitted a lip spoiler using rivets (its into the bottom of the bumper) but i think it will stop the undertray from being removed.

Do you think audi will just drill the pop rivits out or am i better doing that myself before it goes in just in case they say they wont touch it?

I would think it most likely that they will refuse to do it if they can’t get proper access.

i'll drill it off just in case, as you say they may refuse because its not standard.

As said I think you've answered your own question.
It's a very common fault is the thermostat housing, the last thing you want is to give them an excuse to not do it!

Reactions: robps3
As said I think you've answered your own question.
It's a very common fault is the thermostat housing, the last thing you want is to give them an excuse to not do it!

yes very true, as you say drop it off and next thing would eb a phone call we cant touch it and we cant get you booked in for another month