Few s3 8v Questions...

Outkast

Reaction score
First Post here, been following the fourm for a while.

Recently purchased My s3 in Sepang blue
sportsback
s tronic
pan roof
interior light package
sport seats
b&o
park assist

nevertheless i have a few questions..
1) At what engine temperature (found in lap time menu) is it best to use the turbo ? the engine temperature starts showing from 50 degrees onward.

2)currently only covered 1000 miles , at how many miles would the engine be at 'peak'

3)usually drive between efficiency/comfort/dynamic. dont really see the need for auto and individual. am i missing something here?

4) is driving in the rain bad for the car? someone told me this which im not sure about :-|

5) can someone advise me best way to look after the paint work? suggestons for shampoo / wax would be appreciated.

sorry if these questions are a bit too simple and probably common knowledge to some on here, but i have found ths is the form to get the best information from.

all responses appreciated.
thanks

First Post here, been following the fourm for a while.

Recently purchased My s3 in Sepang blue
sportsback
s tronic
pan roof
interior light package
sport seats
b&o
park assist

nevertheless i have a few questions..
1) At what engine temperature (found in lap time menu) is it best to use the turbo ? the engine temperature starts showing from 50 degrees onward.

2)currently only covered 1000 miles , at how many miles would the engine be at 'peak'

3)usually drive between efficiency/comfort/dynamic. dont really see the need for auto and individual. am i missing something here?

4) is driving in the rain bad for the car? someone told me this which im not sure about :-|

5) can someone advise me best way to look after the paint work? suggestons for shampoo / wax would be appreciated.

sorry if these questions are a bit too simple and probably common knowledge to some on here, but i have found ths is the form to get the best information from.

all responses appreciated.
thanks
Welcome mate.

Hey you're no longer an Outkast, you're a welcome member of ASN...............

I'm sure some one will be along shortly to answer all your questions, some being a little like 'how longs a piece of string'.

But as far as cleaning and care, there is a detailing section on ASN and you will find all you need to know about looking after your new baby. There's also a great forum called detailing world.
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

I'll just quickly suggest that you don't use polish. Use a wax or glaze, oh and the two bucket method.

thanks for the welcome and asvice steeve

much appreciated

Unfortunatly Quattro restricts use in wet weather you are right :eek:

I usually wait until 70+ temp for light play but anything repeated and heavy is 80-90+ and it climbs to 100+C with ease.

I've noticed since 1200 miles it's a lot more responsive and ready, I always have it in dynamic mode (when you activate it first time it puts the gears in S mode so knock the knob back for D).

I found in the wet it's eager to prove something, that being said I am careful and I would advise you the same.

For cleaning I use a mix of Dodo, Valetpro, Dr Leather, Auto Finesse and Poor Boy's (Natural look only). Oh I also have Gtechniq for the alloys. Visit the link above theres plenty to learn from.

My quick clean method is; snow foam, bilberry wheel cleaner, shampoo, dry, dodo quick detail, tyre gloss . Eventually think I'll have to start claying.

On the inside don't use shiney type products, you want it cleaned not greased!

I find wet roads and raining conditions are where the car shows what it is really capable of. I remember the first weekend i had mine and we headed straight over to wales and the evo triangle area to really open the taps on it.

The whole weekend poured with rain but it showed me just what an incredibly capable car it is and the quattro.... my god.

I just take it as 'normal' now, but had a shock this week when audi lent me a 1.6tdi s-tronic (2wd obviously). It just doesn't go anywhere and has zero grip!!

Had the back end step out on me twice today ;)

Both situations I had quite a bit of lock on ;)

Definitely more slippy this time of year !

Had the back end step out on me twice today ;)

Both situations I had quite a bit of lock on ;)

Definitely more slippy this time of year !
4 wheel slide's eh V8 ;)

Reactions: veeeight
But what happens if the back end steps out and you have adaptive headlights? They must point in the direction that you're steering, meaning you:
a) See the road ahead
b) Have a well illuminated hedge to your right/left
c) you enter a parallel universe?

But what happens if the back end steps out and you have adaptive headlights? They must point in the direction that you're steering, meaning you:
a) See the road ahead

I have the 3D black inlays as well, so as the adaptive lights reflect on the hedges and glint back on the inlays (which are non-dipping) I will presumably enter a trapezoidal cosmos?

Reactions: S4piper
a) See the road ahead

Mainly B. But the cornering lights would do a better job of that unless you are going too fast.

If you go into a small roundabout to turn right at a safe but not slow speed then upon exiting and straightening the steering quickly, the adaptives can't move the lenses quickly enough so it does look from the beam pattern as though you are power sliding out of the roundabout....