1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Sportback Ferodo DS performance pad specific to 8V RS3 front and rear.

T-800 Jan 9, 2018

1. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro S tronic Sportback MQB Platform

I’ve had an email from Trevor this morning letting me know that after I asked him to ask Ferodo HQ if they can produce a DS pad specifically for the 8V RS3, the good news is they are....

It’ll take about 10 weeks to get them e90 approved I’m told and they’ll come with wear sensors tailored to our 8V RS 3

He said they are also going to make a rear pad to match the fronts.

Part numbers will follow shortly for both Front & Rears.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Seanix, Callum66, DW81 and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Well-Known Member Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Sportback

Watching! Thanks very much

Sandra likes this.
  4. p@olo

p@olo Member Team Glacier Audi RS3

Interesting. Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

5. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Guest

Thanks mate. Mind you, I have not had a noise off mine since the first week so hopefully I may get away with it.

6. AudiNutta

AudiNutta Well-Known Member Team Racing Blue Mica Audi RS3 quattro Sportback

That’s because you drive it like a stabbed rat!!

Spaceman_RS3 and Sandra like this.
  7. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

You’ve got to stab that rat once in a while mate

AudiNutta likes this.
  8. invisiblekid

invisiblekid New Member

Awesome news! Well done T-800. Keep us posted.

9. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro S tronic Sportback MQB Platform

Update......

They are having to order in longer wear sensors as the standard A3 pads they supply have the correct connector, but the wire is too short for our cars.

He rang me today to ask a few questions about the RS 3 pads.

I asked about price but it’s not been finalised yet.

Seanix, Ozmosis and AudiNutta like this.
  10. T-800

Ok so a little update from Trevor @ TFT

The new front and rear pads to DS Performance spec material are currently undergoing R90 testing.....

Ferodo anticipate the new pads to be available in March as does Trevor (part numbers have been assigned already)

On the Costs Trevor seems to think they will be similar to the FDS1664 price and he's going to find out the costs for the rears.

He has just told me that The FDS1664 (RS4 fitment) that he stocks have had some connectors soldered on that suit our cars, so for anyone that can't wait there are sets available that are plug and play for the fronts at least.

He's told me he'll be in touch when the first sets land with him.

Topcat1910, DW81 and AudiNutta like this.
  11. Topcat1910

Topcat1910 Member

Any more news on these as my warning has just come on. Also who is TFT? Thanks

penetrator likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. T-800

Pm sent

14. Khalifa

Khalifa New Member

T-800 Can you send me the link to the specific Rs3 pads?? thanks :icon thumright:

penetrator likes this.
  15. mz21

mz21 Member

Are these Ferodo DS Performance RS3 specific pads already available? Thanks in advance.

16. T-800

No not available yet.

I went and fitted the FDS1664 last week from Trevor.

Silence so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mz21 likes this.
  17. mz21

mz21 Member

The FDS1664 pads work with the Audi wear sensors?

I think I will order these aswell.

18. T-800

You will need to cut and solder your old cable from your old pads.

Or make up a cable like this.
    [​IMG]

19. penetrator

penetrator Active Member

Do what’s the story with the DS pads then? Any further development later?

20. Topcat1910

Topcat1910 Member

I fitted the DS performance 3 months ago, had to order the lambo murcielago pads and solder the ends on

21. T-800

The issue has been the wear sensor apparently....

Still no idea when they will be ready.

I was told last week when asking for another member they had a set FDS1664 pads on the shelf already modified with correct wear sensor for the RS3.

I've had mine on a couple of weeks now and everything is still quiet.