1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Faded front grille - best restorer?

MaccA3 Jun 23, 2020

1. MaccA3

MaccA3 New Member

Hi all

My 2006 A3 front grille has faded to a grey/green colour. I have tried proper cleaning and multiple application of Meguiars Back to Black (cream) but it's not working.

Before I either spray paint it (mucho prep & masking) or even replace it (bumper off so a bit of a pain), does anyone know of a restorative product that will get it back to black?

Pic attached, it's the top section of the surround only I worked on to see how it compared, it may look 'smoother' but there is a barely noticeable colour change.

TIA

Tony

2006 A3 3.2 Quattro S-line

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Bishop187

Bishop187 Active Member

Try car pro pearl

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

MaccA3 likes this.
  4. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

Gtechniq permanent trim restorer

jassyo06 likes this.
  5. CanadaA3wales

CanadaA3wales Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP

Have you tried stripping off everything first with IPA as you can get a build up of previous waxes and traffic film which will stop the product adhering to your grill.
    I would make sure its completely stripped, but feel if Megs back to black did absolutely nothing to help then I do not think the other brands, as good as they are will help either.
    I would try 100% IPA make sure it does not go on the paint, try a small section, then try back to black again. Dont do the whole thing, just a lower bottom section. Do not let the IPA sit as it can damage the plastic. Wipe on with a cloth and wipe straight off then apply the back to black

6. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Totally agree....no other trim restorer would bring that back to life permantly,the rest could try...but as soon as the rain/wash comes its back to looking ******