Facelifted S3 8P - When was this introduced?

Sean_

Reaction score
Hey fella's,

Quick question, this might have been covered before but I couldn't find any info on it so someone on here might be able to clarify something for me.

In the next few weeks/months I will be looking to purchase a face-lifted S3 8P moving up from my 2.0T Quattro A4. With me living in the Republic of Ireland it can be difficult to get a clean one over here so I will more than likely be crossing the pond or heading up to Northern Ireland to get one. Our **** government have introduced a secondary VRT tax that we must pay upon importing a car from outside of the republic, the tax band on a post 08 car is now based off emissions so an 08 S3 will be €1200 to tax for a year.

My question to you guys is what month of 2008 was the face-lifted model introduced? I will be looking to get one registered before the 1st of July 2008 to avail of the cheaper tax rates (€710).

Any help would be much appreciated and of course if anyone has one coming up for sale soon, please let me know. Budget is about £8.5-9k max, also preferably stage 2+ modded already.

Thanks.

Usually new models come up for release in October of each year and a 2008 car after October each year would be called a2009 MY (model year). There is always the old models that are sold off at a discount as well in the latter months of the year so you can't really go buy the registration date. Confusing I know but that's the way the motor industry plays it.
Only way to be sure your getting a facelift car is look at the sales photos and familiarise yourself with the differences of pre & post facelift models. One clue for you to tell them apart if it's an Sline, the side badges are on the front wings as opposed to pre facelift cars the badges are on the lower rear door trim. Good luck on your search.

Reactions: Sean_
My S3 was the first year of the facelift models and was registered September 2008 so is a 58 plate but you could still find some pre facelift cars registered on a 58 plate as well. You would need to look out for the model changes which included:
- flat bottom steering wheel
- white DIS display
- revised front end bodywork
- revised alloy wheels
And no doubt more things but I can't remember off the top of my head

My S3 was the first year of the facelift models and was registered September 2008 so is a 58 plate but you could still find some pre facelift cars registered on a 58 plate as well. You would need to look out for the model changes which included:
- flat bottom steering wheel
- white DIS display
- revised front end bodywork
- revised alloy wheels
And no doubt more things but I can't remember off the top of my head

rear difuser, the turn indicators where moved from the fenders to the side mirrors, new side mirror shape, leds on the headlighs

Reactions: crazylegscrane