Facelift S4 rear bumper

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Just wondering and checking b4 I go to fit it, sure I read somewhere b4, but does the standard a4 rear bumper side mounts differ to late s4 bumper? If so, does anybody have part no.s for them? Cheers.:icon_thumright:

I put a facelift s4 bumper om my pre-facelift (98.5) a4 and the side brackets fit the new bumper fine.The only issue is the facelift s4 bumper has a bigger bottom lip so the pre-facelift exhaust tail pipe will sit well underneath the bumper !!

951 could it possibly be the same mounts as yours is an avant?

Thinking about it i went from a facelift bumper to the s4, so its possible that prefacelift mounts are the same as S4 mounts

my facelift A4 fit the facelift S4 bumper (not that it helps you, thought it may eliminate one option)

Cheers guys, will have a look at bumper and standard clips/bumper to see if they do match first when I get back.

The S4 is a prefacelift bumper on all cars, it didnt change at all when they went to facelift.

As such, prefacelift side mounts are the same as S4 ones.

hmm not sure about that aragorn, what do you mean the bumpers didnt change?, cosmetically? both front and rears changed IIRC

Last edited:
That would make sense as my s4 bumper's were both off a facelift car and both fit on my pre-facelift car using the original brackets.S4 bumpers are the same post/pre facelift apart from the rear lower lip is bigger on the facelift and i seem to recall the front grilles or foglights were slightly different or something like that ??

d'oh, i didnt notice "rear".

The fronts are all the same. The S4 didnt get the recessed washers etc that other facelift cars got, becuase the bumper didnt change afaik.

Not sure on the rears though, as you say its defo different cosmetically.

yes, 951 front fogs are smaller along with different lower grilles,

Interesting.

The bumper itself is the same part number, so presumably they only changed the grilles and fogs.

yep just the grilles and fogs, for the front i would say!

S4 Pre face front
s4prefacefrontbumper.jpg

S4 Face front
s4facefrontbumper.jpg

S4 Pre face rear
s4prefacerearbumper.jpg

S4 face rear
s4facerearbumper.jpg

Typical after looking at the two different types together i prefer the pre-facelift !!