Extended warranty cost and worth it?

Tangored

Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed before but does anyone have a rough idea on the latest extended warranty cost? Tried looking on the Audi extended warranty website and it wouldn’t quote me as I have a little bit of warranty left on my car. Called Audi who were typically unhelpful and didn’t know. My car is a 66 plate S3 auto. Mainly thinking about it for the S tronic gearbox and Virtual cockpit- not sure how reliable they will be and I am sure big bucks to fix it they go wrong.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
“Discussed before” is an understatement! Search is your friend.
There was a thread only a week or two ago that went into this in depth. General consensus is that it’s good value for money for the reasons you mention.

Reactions: Adam14
Thanks, you are right, I have just been looking! It was more the latest 2019 costings as Audi UK couldn’t tell me! Opting for a 2yr for example and does it come with breakdown cover?

I think you can extend your AA cover separately, but it’s not part of the extended warranty.
As you’ve probably found out from the other threads you just have to wait until you qualify to get the costs.

You'll be able to get a quote about a month before hand.
When I took out one for my 15 S3 in Feb 18, it was £430 full cover with no excess.
Audi assist (AA cover) was £145 for 2 years.

I know this has probably been discussed before but does anyone have a rough idea on the latest extended warranty cost? Tried looking on the Audi extended warranty website and it wouldn’t quote me as I have a little bit of warranty left on my car. Called Audi who were typically unhelpful and didn’t know. My car is a 66 plate S3 auto. Mainly thinking about it for the S tronic gearbox and Virtual cockpit- not sure how reliable they will be and I am sure big bucks to fix it they go wrong.
I’ll be in the same boat, also an S3 S Tronic, come November. Will be watching with interest.

I just love Audi UK marketing....not!......North American Audi vehicles are warranted for 4 years as standard.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ormesome
In Switzerland you can get a 10yr package! 10yrs of servicing and warranty! Obviously you pay for it but it adds an incredible amount of piece of mind!

To the original question, do a search, so many of these questions poping up that I have given up answering! Yes it is worth it, Yes it is better than any other warranty you will find, yes it is cheap if you look at the big picture. Audi Assist as said is around 145 for 2yrs, you will not get cheaper even from the black market! It includes EU cover which if bought directly from the AA is around double that price per year so in my view I would do it. Audi Assist is also owner transferable which makes it attentive if you sell your car.

Audi warranty is bought as separate yrs after each year in the last month of your warranty. Do not go out of warranty, price doubles. Get a quote from the Audi website in the last month and set it up. Easy!

I extended my RS3 warranty last week.
Was £577 with £0 excess.
Worth it for peace of mind.

Reactions: Ormesome
Extended my warranty on S3 cabriolet in June, £442, new electronic thermostat required 1month later, would have cost just over £1000,definitely extend warranty!

How do you go about extending your warranty. Do audi contact you when it’s close to 3yrs old or do you have to enquire?

How do you go about extending your warranty. Do audi contact you when it’s close to 3yrs old or do you have to enquire?

Audi usually do not contact you. You might get a letter in the post but you need to go online and do it via their website. do a search in the top right corner and you will get loads of info. Do it within the final month of your normal warranty. It is all automated and even if you call them then they direct you to the website.

Thanks very much. I just assumed Audi would be trying to get a hold of you trying to sell you anything they can. Is it just the normal Audi Uk website or the dealership website

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Ormesome
Thanks just checked, its says my car is still covered under warranty but it will be 3 years old next month. Thought it would have let me extend it now. Will just have to keep checking.

Thanks just checked, its says my car is still covered under warranty but it will be 3 years old next month. Thought it would have let me extend it now. Will just have to keep checking.

What’s the exact date that it is 3yrs old?

Can’t quite remember think its around the 25th September

You need to do a bit more research on this mate and inspecific see my thread I posted a while ago about the procedures and hoops to go through. Your car isn’t in the last month of the warranty so you can’t get it yet.

Yep, won't even give you a quote until within that last month, did mine online. If you let it leave until car is out of warranty it costs a lot more to renew, be aware!

Yep, won't even give you a quote until within that last month, did mine online. If you let it leave until car is out of warranty it costs a lot more to renew, be aware!
I'm just setting a reminder on my phone.
Mine's 3 yrs old in Nov and it now looks like I'll be keeping it until next year now, contrary to my original plans.
Thanks all for the above info :thumbs up:

Common issues:
Thermostat / poss water pump
Haldex (esp if gauze not cleaned during service)

Either one costs more than warranty extension premium.

Most S-Tronics pretty reliable (excl DQ200 though mine was ok) but if that goes then you’d wince at the cost if not under warranty

You can run the numbers vs risk but extending warranty caps your max bill and to my mind is a no-brainer till the premium gets to ~500 GBP.

What was the cost
My car's done 26,000 miles, it's 3 years old on 3rd Sept and the cost is £387.70 a year with £100 excess, all component cover.

I've extended the Audi Roadside Assistance (AA) too for £89 for the year.

Thought it was quite a good deal.?

Reactions: Daz4311, Audi Bairn and Ormesome
You can opt for covering just the big ticket components for quite a reasonable reduction.

My car's done 26,000 miles, it's 3 years old on 3rd Sept and the cost is £387.70 a year with £100 excess, all component cover.

I've extended the Audi Roadside Assistance (AA) too for £89 for the year.

Thought it was quite a good deal.?
That’ll do me too!

Reactions: Peter1201