Exhaust tip option

KrisKrk

A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant
Reaction score
Been thinking to change my oem chrome exhaust tips for something more matching to my car colour theme.

Still having some chrome around but eventually (long to-do list) it'll all be de-chromed. Car is Grey with matte black and silver details. Already have the rear valance silver with black grille in it and was thinking of Black exhaust tips. Preferably matte in finish and to fit into oem valance hole.

I'm sure the original tips will get chopped off without any problem. Just want the replacement ones slightly bigger, sit nice, at the angle and in length.

I don't want to change the whole muffler with tips as on my list is "mufflerectomy".

Can even paint it, if style, size and shape would suit me.

Any ideas/options?

Will try to upload some fresh pictures when can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I'm looking to swap my 08 A6 exhaust with the S6 exhaust. Is it possible to switch the two?

If you want to swap just the end boxes/mufflers, than it shouldn't be a problem. They the same shape, I think.

I thought of changing my mufflers for an S6 also as it has two twin tips. Looks much better and meaner.
But I really don't like the S6 rear valance and couldn't find RS6 looking one with wider opening to allow twin exhaust.
If I could, my choice as for end tips would be much easier.
Found some twin Akrapovic replicas and they look soo much better than single tips.

So would I get the same sound as the S6 or would I need to change my headers too?

If you have the same engine as S6, it will sound the same.
I've asked this for RS6 mufflers and answer was "diesel will never sound like petrol engine, soo ... NO!"

Seen video on YT where a guy (also a member of this glorious forum) have done a mufflerectomy to he's A6's 3.0 engine. Sound after muffler removal got me excited
What a difference. I'm sure there is bit let down in sound from the camera and in real life sound much better but you can clearly hear louder and lower growl of that engine.
Found some videos with 2.0 engines, like mine and result was same.
It is on my to-do-list

S6's with no resonators sound very good. However mine is going to get modified further to incorporate an X pipe to improve scavenging.