exhaust sensor is this a big problem ?

bearder2006

Reaction score
ecu light came on had it put on computer and came up with exhaust sensor got reset was ok then came on again is this a big problem ? what will it do ? what should the cost be about to replace:think:

lambda or oxygen sensors are used to reduce vehicle emissions by ensuring that engines burn their fuel efficiently and cleanly, by measuring the proportion of oxygen in the remaining exhaust gas, and by knowing the volume and temperature of the air entering the cylinders amongst other things, an ECU can determine the amount of fuel required to burn to ensure complete combustion.

not sure what engine you have most sensors are approx £80

its a 2lt tdi, would the car use more diesel now then ? or could it start missfire ?

Increased fuel consumption, Hesitation on acceleration, Stalling, Rough idling could all be caused by the sensor.

kin hell bit of a price difference don't think it came up a code just said exhaust sensor i think might be wrong though ! im going to ring them tom , theres was not a vac cam though( one for all sorts of cars )
is the only these 2 on the exhaust system?
sorry for the 100 questions pall ( wish i had seen you post before i booked it in then would of nipped up )

Last edited:
ive rang them today came up as exhaust dif sensor any idears mate ?

can you belive it asked the garage to do this plus full service and cambelt rang 5 times never rang me back to get it in

thats not good, apparently these sensors are not to good, quite a few people with vdubs complaining of the same issue as you. We have a golf at work showing the same problem as yours, its an 09 golf tdi its showing fault code P2453 DPF differential pressure sensor, its going in on monday.

had it priced about £47 which is not bad were is it? is it hard to find ? and to do ?
got a friend who works at vw is tring to get it in there now