Exhaust rattle at 1050rpm

reator22

Reaction score
One more problem that is driving me mad!

My 2009 B8 2.0 TDI SE does a very noticeable rattle around the exhaust where the muffler is hanged! It does he noise all the time I cross the he 1050rpm no matter what.

From outside we noticed that it was the muffler vibrating as when touched the noise seemed to go away!

On web I found someone who was having the same issue as has moved a bit the hanger rubber (se picture)! I have done it but the noise/rattle is still there! Is so loud that everyone in the car always comment the noise.

Now I'm not sure is is is in fact the muffler, for sure it comes from that corner.

Any ideas what it could be?

90683b5dcc543ab7d81aed885e280ea5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a similar issue with my b8 A4 3.2. It happens for more for me after a rev past 3000 at standstill and then a rev pair 2000 at standstill any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Same with my 3.2 V6 - Audi say it's normal so I'm not concerned.

Same with my 3.2 V6 - Audi say it's normal so I'm not concerned.

Yeh, I know it's just a vibration but is really annoying!

Reactions: Kamalpreet Suali
I believe I found where the rattle comes from! At least it's not making the noise when punching the muffler as he was making before.

The rubber slides (even when we can see any gap) on the metal hanger when the car is in certain rpm producing a funny rattle! I put a zip tie to see if it works and it worked!

A simple zip resolved a really annoying and very loud rattle!

065e492ba5cce3d935e01a58c9a5726d.jpg

Reactions: xpoweruk
I had the same problem and a very helpful guy on here told me to put washers in and it worked, but I am going to replace mine has the washers would fall out sometimes.

Audi had a tpi for this to be replaced under warranty. My father and cousin got something relaxed on their 2011 a4s