Eventuri turbo flutter

garethdj

Reaction score
Can anyone with an Eventuri fitted comment on what the turbo flutter / intake sound is like on the 8Y?

I heard the prototype RacingLine one on Evil GTs vid and it sounded great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone with an Eventuri fitted comment on what the turbo flutter / intake sound is like on the 8Y?

Racing line prototype did really improve the sound Eventuri intake looks to large and too expensive

Reactions: garethdj
I’m down for a Unitronic 4” elbow to test fit, when they come back into stock so will probably get a 4” hard pipe to go with it.

Since fitting the JB4 the ‘flutter’ is more noticeable……

Racing line prototype did really improve the sound Eventuri intake looks to large and too expensive

Agree the eventuri is a lot but from what I can see it’s usually the best on the market, best bang for buck maybe not but not exactly a ton of options atm.

Bought the forge elbow and hard pipe for my 8v but never ended up fitting it before the car was sold.

Last edited:
Agree the eventuri is a lot but from what I can see it’s usually the best on the market, best bang for buck maybe not but not exactly a ton of options atm.

Bought the forge elbow and hard pipe for my 8v but never ended up fitting it before the car was sold.

Biggest restriction to flow into the turbo is the standard Elbow, I saw a reduction to wastegate duty cycle after fitting the 4” Revo elbow.

4” hard pipe helps a little more, standard airbox is good for up to 600bhp so not worth messing with, although I did drill holes in the side and front of the bottom half of the airbox, it sounded louder after that.

Reactions: RS03??? and garethdj
Biggest restriction to flow into the turbo is the standard Elbow, I saw a reduction to wastegate duty cycle after fitting the 4” Revo elbow.

4” hard pipe helps a little more, standard airbox is good for up to 600bhp so not worth messing with, although I did drill holes in the side and front of the bottom half of the airbox, it sounded louder after that.

I’ll be getting an elbow too, won’t be going more than stage 1 so stock air box is still an option but thought that turbo flutter sounded unreal, nice alternative to the overrun that I had previously.

Reactions: RS03???

One thing I was wondering if the 8V racing line fits the 8Y.

Intake part numbers are the same on the DNWA and DNWC

I’ll be getting an elbow too, won’t be going more than stage 1 so stock air box is still an option but thought that turbo flutter sounded unreal, nice alternative to the overrun that I had previously.

My preference also be the Turbo Flutter instead of the overrun pops.

One thing I was wondering if the 8V racing line fits the 8Y.

Intake part numbers are the same on the DNWA and DNWC

The only other intake I’ve seen is actually an Airtec one, specifically for the 8v, only about 600 quid I think but doubt it’ll yield the same performance.

Agree about the Eventury option…it’s too much is size and price tag imo.

Racing line is looking and sounding awesome, just saw a video from Evil GT which tested a prototype intake for the 8y and said that’ll be available soon.

Another option as already said by [mention]garethdj [/mention] is the Aitech. This one retains the stock first part of the intake as you can see in the picture below. Found a guy on insta who installed a first unit and asked him for a video!

dba073b605e58994e08a30b19753fade.jpg

[mention]8YARWY [/mention]if you can confirm that under a stage2+ is almost only a matter of aesthetics and sound, then every choice should be nice.

[mention]HulkRS3 [/mention] which one do you have installed?

It’s only around £340 price difference. Eventuri looks better too

Agree about the Eventury option…it’s too much is size and price tag imo.

Racing line is looking and sounding awesome, just saw a video from Evil GT which tested a prototype intake for the 8y and said that’ll be available soon.

Another option as already said by [mention]garethdj [/mention] is the Aitech. This one retains the stock first part of the intake as you can see in the picture below. Found a guy on insta who installed a first unit and asked him for a video!

dba073b605e58994e08a30b19753fade.jpg

[mention]8YARWY [/mention]if you can confirm that under a stage2+ is almost only a matter of aesthetics and sound, then every choice should be nice.

[mention]HulkRS3 [/mention] which one do you have installed?

My 8V made just over 540 bhp on a Rolling road with 4” Revo elbow & hard pipe mated to stock airbox bottom

So the Evil pair (and Awesome) reckon Audi cant tell that the cars been tuned with a tuning box?

IIRC there was a lot of talk with Golf R about the same subject, and whilst they reckoned the engine ecu doesnt log anything the gearbox ecu does log input torque values and they are stored or used for around a week eventually being over written with lower values (I'm not sure about this, please feel free to correct :) )

So the Evil pair (and Awesome) reckon Audi cant tell that the cars been tuned with a tuning box?

IIRC there was a lot of talk with Golf R about the same subject, and whilst they reckoned the engine ecu doesnt log anything the gearbox ecu does log input torque values and they are stored or used for around a week eventually being over written with lower values (I'm not sure about this, please feel free to correct :) )
If the box is removed before Audi see it though, whilst they may be suspicious just hold your nerve and say "no idea mate" if they ever ask.

TX.

Reactions: Mike.46
If the box is removed before Audi see it though, whilst they may be suspicious just hold your nerve and say "no idea mate" if they ever ask.

TX.
I'm not sure it's as easy as that? doesnt the car connect straight to Audi Germany and they make the decision?

Again I thinks it's another one of them, if your the slightest bit scared of protecting your warranty don't do it. If you want abit more out of your rs3 and have the balls then go for it!

TX.

I don’t think there is a way to conclusively say that a tuning box has been fitted but it could leave an indication is my understanding vs pulling the data from the ecu after a map which would be pretty conclusive. That’s my understanding at least

Isn't turbo flutter caused by a lack of a dump valve or recycling valve?

Also doesn't turbo fultter damage turbos!?

(from my old school turbo car ownership)

Isn't turbo flutter caused by a lack of a dump valve or recycling valve?

Also doesn't turbo fultter damage turbos!?

(from my old school turbo car ownership)

Maybe, sounds cool though.

Reactions: CarterRS