Estimated power with FMIC, 3" downpipe & decat and TIP.

Plane

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been through the forum searching for an answer to this and I've not found one.

With the following list of bits what is the estimated power you think? I'm on the fence of these few bits or going hybrid.

Badger5 TIP
Airtec Front mount
XS power 3" downpipe and decat
Remap to suit.

Is 280bhp too optimistic with these additions?

Many thanks.

If the engines ok then its plausible... it will make what it makes subject to mappers ability, engines health and dyno lottery

<tuffty/>

Hi,
I've been through the forum searching for an answer to this and I've not found one.

With the following list of bits what is the estimated power you think? I'm on the fence of these few bits or going hybrid.

Badger5 TIP
Airtec Front mount
XS power 3" downpipe and decat
Remap to suit.

Is 280bhp too optimistic with these additions?
Many thanks.

As in you're wondering wether to fit those parts or a hybrid turbo instead? Obviously you'd want to fit those parts at the same time or before going hybrid to get the benefit out of it. If not you're just putting a more capable turbo on to an engine that wouldn't be able to support it properly.

Yes engine will be healthy and the mapper is excellent. His Dyno is an honest one so maybe 280 might not be achieved. I want a good driver more than chasing figures anyway.
Needing water meth for hybrids is seriously turning me off that route. The car is a daily and needs to be get in and drive.

What do you get from 5 litres?

I need the car to be hasstle free. If my wife or Dad is driving it they will not be checking that. I'll be borrowing my Dad's jeep a lot more by the end of the summer for towing a track car and I'll be giving him my S3.