esp light constantly on, vagcom not working

bhg

Reaction score
I am attempting to read modules on an Audi A3 2004 using above combination. I can read only the engine module but no other module.
The ESP light is staying on continuously and I suspect it was caused by a dead battery. Also I need to reset the service light.
Can someone advise me on what I am doing wrong. Since this software is shareware with no limitations, I thought it should read all available modules.
I bought the lead on eBay and downloaded and installed the 409-1S software.
hope u can help

It still has its limitations as you haven't bought the license. Although I am surprised it won't let you at least connect.

The first problem is definately the cable though. You get what you pay for I am afraid.

Where abouts are you? I could plug in for you if you are close.

cheers for the offer, thanks alot but im over here in dublin so meetin up is out of the question. ye going to invest in proper vagcom stuff from gendan today.is there any other gud sites 2 buy off in the uk? the leads from ebay just arent gud enough

I would reccomend using Ross-Tech's site and getting it from the states. I did, they Fed-Ex it and mine was in my sweaty palm in 1 1/2 days! I did get charged for import duty but as the $ is so weak against the £, it was a really good deal for me. Not sure what its like against the Euro though.

Gendan would be just as good I would assume. Same product at the end of the day. Its really worth the money mate! Good luck!

ye just been on ross tech site there. alot cheaper there and the euro is very strong against the dollar aswell. have it ordered so they said it should arrive in 3to 5 working days. thanks for the advice, looking forward to getting it in action

I would get the Hex-USB+CAN. Your car has CAN-BUS communication for all of its controllers so it has to have CAN capabilities.

If i needeed to get a VAGCOM cable for my 2006 A3 which one would i need?

Any help apreciated.

An '06 A3 is fully supported by our enthusiast CAN interface called the Micro-CAN. It sells for $249 USD. The Queen's duties and taxes are on you - 17% if I remember correctly and shipping is about $45 USD these days. We ship daily to the UK or you could contact one of our distributors.