EPB Stuck on!!

Reaction score
Is there any way to manually disengage my epb? It obviously needs to go to a garage to fix the issue, but I’d rather be able to drop it off rather than fork out for a low loader that would have to drag it off my drive with the epb still engaged.

you need a guy with VCDS.... or a local garage to come out use their computer undo the EPB

Reactions: willowsdad
Have you got breakdown cover??? Call them if you have.

Reactions: willowsdad and Kalashnikov
Vcds or other diag tools will be a waste of time if the motor is burnt out. If that’s the case only way is to remove the motor from the caliper and I think it’s a hex screw/bolt that you wind to bring the piston back so the whole caliper can be removed.

Vcds or other diag tools will be a waste of time if the motor is burnt out. If that’s the case only way is to remove the motor from the caliper and I think it’s a hex screw/bolt that you wind to bring the piston back so the whole caliper can be removed.
That was my worry. I’ve tried clearing the codes and letting it off with Carista, but no luck. My warranty will cover the recovery costs, but I was hoping not to have to drag it with the low loader. Oh well, I’m sure it won’t do much more damage.

That was my worry. I’ve tried clearing the codes and letting it off with Carista, but no luck. My warranty will cover the recovery costs, but I was hoping not to have to drag it with the low loader. Oh well, I’m sure it won’t do much more damage.

the recovery company will have go-Jack’s or similar. Basically puts the locked wheels on skates so it can be moved

Just as a heads up for anyone else who has this issue. You can just remove the epb motors and wind the hex bolt clockwise by hand, then replace the motors. It still needs to be repaired but at least now I can move it.

Reactions: S32B and pburv