Engine symbol popped up on dash

Pickle1970

Reaction score
So drove to the shops today and noticed the engine symbol light on, checked the book and it says it's an emissions error.

Anyone else had this and what did you have to do to resolve it?

My car is just over 3 years old.

Now that’s a question. The engine check light covers a multitude of possible faults. Sometimes the light comes on and goes off for no particular reason. If the car goes into “limp home Mode” get it to the dealers for a check. Evap fuel canister can be problematic and so can the crank and cam position sensors.

Get it scanned mate as soon as you can, a glitch can become a bitch.

Reactions: SamR92
Sometimes it comes on when your fuel cap is slightly loose ! It's a possibility anyway mate.

When the engine is warm, after a ride, check if you smell coolant. I had the engine light one year ago and it was the only indication of the coolant regulator and pump fault with undetectable leak because the coolant remained on the engine protection panel at the bottom and did not drop on the floor.

I had the engine light come up on the dash recently out of the blue. Took it straight to local dealer as I knew it could a multitude of things even though I didn't notice any change in performance and what not. Turned out to be a glow plug needed replacing.