Engine Shudders 2006 2.0TDI

GMB

Reaction score
Hoping someone / anyone can help me here. I have researched this issue and found plenty of examples but no one ever seems to come back and provide a solution / update on the fix. (if there is one?). The issue goes like this:

The engine idles away fine and rev's fine but on harder revving it shudders like there is a fuel issue. The car drives fine so long as your gentle and your below approximately 3000 rpm. Don't be fooled by the RPM as hard accelerated at lower RPM and the car will shudder under pressure. Driving above 3000 rpm and it shudders more frequently and needless to say the motorway driving is a pain thankfully in 6th gear it can do 60-70mph at 3000 rpm. It started to happen to the car a couple of years ago when on the motorway if you floored it it might shudder once or twice but would take it and drive on fine however it has slowly gotten worse and I reckon subsequently caused an injector issue.

The car has been to the garage where they replaced all 4 x injectors at a pricey sum to me however the car still shudders. The tandem pump has been replaced the MAF has been replaced and a new injector wiring harness but I still have the issue. There are no engine management lights coming on.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: