engine not at right temp

mathu

Reaction score
hello guy
i just put my car through a full service and cam belt, water pump and pulley changed,
since then i have noticed that my temperature reading in the dash is always just below the 90 degrees mark rather than on the mark like it used to do.
can anyone please point me in the right direction or has anyone had this problem before
much appreciated
6326487814_e66b70eb9c_z.jpg

looks like its sat about 80 degrees,did they change the stat with a cooler running one that opens at 82 degrees perhaps

fixed the problem :) the car would get up to temp in traffic but would decline again when moving, so i got the temp sensor change to make sure that it was reading the right temp and changed the thermo stat and hey presto the problem was fixed :)

thanks for your help guys much appreciated.

I just changed mine too for the exact same problem. Right after a cambelt and waterpump, it started running cool. Was a right barstool. Good you got it sorted though mate.

I just changed mine too for the exact same problem. Right after a cambelt and waterpump, it started running cool. Was a right barstool. Good you got it sorted though mate.

its strange that we both had the same problem after doing the same changes to the car, i thought my car jus had a messed up thermo stat but it seams it might be a design fault and the thermo stat needs to be replaced at the same time as a cam belt change