Engine Noise when Accelerating

Petex

Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum and have been searching for threads with a similar issues that I'm experiencing, but none seem to match my circumstances.
I have an A3 Sline 2.0 TDI 170, 30k miles, recently had it services and haldex pump and oil was replaced (not sure if this is related). But don't believe i was having issues before service.
When going 65mph and above at around 2100rpm under acceleration engine is very loud and rumbly. Taking foot off the accelerator and noise goes. Accelerate again and its back. Doesn't do it at lower speeds really.
Don't think its a wheel alignment, balance thing, as wouldn't that happen if just rolling at certain speed. This is only happening while accelerator is being pushed.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pete

They did poor job and left some part loose near engine area it seems

Hi, new to the forum and have been searching for threads with a similar issues that I'm experiencing, but none seem to match my circumstances.
I have an A3 Sline 2.0 TDI 170, 30k miles, recently had it services and haldex pump and oil was replaced (not sure if this is related). But don't believe i was having issues before service.
When going 65mph and above at around 2100rpm under acceleration engine is very loud and rumbly. Taking foot off the accelerator and noise goes. Accelerate again and its back. Doesn't do it at lower speeds really.
Don't think its a wheel alignment, balance thing, as wouldn't that happen if just rolling at certain speed. This is only happening while accelerator is being pushed.
Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pete
This may sound silly but have you checked the undertray? They have to remove this to drain the oil! Maybe they haven't fixed it back on properly due to rusted bolts or broken clips. I would put my hand under and give it a few hits to see if it's loose.