Engine crank sensor

peter02

Reaction score
Can anyone please comment on how much a main dealer would charge to change an engine crank sensor inc part.

Thanks

I thought you said the rac man could fix it for £56??? Don't know what a dealer would charge but at £140 per hour labour I'll let you do the maths!!

I thought you said the rac man could fix it for £56??? Don't know what a dealer would charge but at £140 per hour labour I'll let you do the maths!!

He will but probably not until later in the week, wanted it doing ideally tomorrow. If Audi were to do it for less than £100 all in, might be worth taking it to them and just getting it done don't you think

Sorry peter, forgot you neede it done pronto! Worth a phone call to the dealers but can't see them being that cheap :( might be worth ringing an independant though :) where are you based?

I could get hold hold of the part myself and see if rac will fit as their delay is sourcing the sensor - they have said they will fit for free and it seems easy enough to do (for some one that is mechanically minded) - what do you think

thats got to be worth a go, free fitting!!! if the dealer doesn't have it in stock they can usually get it for next day, did you get the rac patrols number? mught be worth ringing him direct?

yep - got their number and have to say am impressed with the service, he said if I can get the part he can call it in himself to avoid sending someone completely new. Thanks for the help

cheers markyzs180, got the part at ivc for £36 (not bosch though) and rac came out and fitted this evening - so pleased to have the wheelsback !!