Emissions warning light

gordie1973

Reaction score
all, just about to start a 5h journey to Belfast and the following light popped on.

It has been running for about 10 minutes and no change. Think it's an emissions light. (Don't have the manual with me before I get flamed!)

Any thoughts on what to do - I'm in the middle of nowhere in Ireland and Sligo is about 80 miles away, that'll have an Audi dealership I'm sure, so will attempt to check there (taking it easy though)

Just keep an eye on temps etc, also pull over and check under the bonnet and see if anything looks out of place, and as your doing just take it easy until you find out what fault code as put the check engine light on.

Took it very easy - found Audi Ballina who are taking a look now......

EGR control sensor gone. So that's the warning light, they didn't have the part so I've booked her in tomorrow when back in Northern Ireland. PITA, as was supposed to be heading north for a day by the seaside..... I suppose things could have been worse - stranded 150 miles away on limp mode due to DPF issues.....

Oddly - the car wouldn't have been covered under the 3 year warranty in the Republic of Ireland as its only 2 years + 1 by the supplying dealer. But a trip over the border and it's all covered (apparently).

Hope to be back on the road tomorrow evening.

(I think it's just the car getting Pi$$ed off and letting me know what it thinks about my hyper mileage challenge).

Btw - Thanks all for the advice. Appreciated!

Reactions: DaveW