Electronic Gremlins

The Saints

Reaction score
I've had my A4 since December and covered just over 4000 miles and over the last 3 weeks it's started behaving strangely. I'm going to get it looked at by the dealer but thought I'd see if anyone on here had experienced similar

The first issue was rough idling and about 200 meters after leaving my drive it was severely lacking power and various warnings appeared on the display. Contact technicians and do not exceed 1500RPM. I turned off and back on display cleared and all was good. I've had 3 or so similar performance issues and splutterly acceleration since but no warning messages. It only seems to do it the first minute or so after setting off.

Rear window opened about 3 inches of it own accord when driving last week, no one else in the car and my arm was nowhere near the windows switches

I have hill hold and it engages the handbrake automatically when switching car off, on two occasions it hasn't resulting in car rolling back, fortunately I've still been in it to apply the brake

Yesterday I pulled up, switched off and upon leaving the car the radio switched off and everything powered down as usual. Closed the drivers door and everything sprang back to life . Radio came on again, virtual cockpit started up. I had to open the drivers door and press the stop/start button a few times to get it to switch off.

Be interested if anyone's had similar

Sounds bad to me and like there could be an issue with the ecu. Personally I would take the car to the nearest dealership and leave it there until the problem is fixed..

Well car has been to dealers today and had a "software update" we shall see what that brings but I'm never convinced by this method of resolving issues. Seems a common fob off nowadays. I've had both a Range Rover and our Q3 apparently fixed through software updates only for it have to be returned with same fault and have parts physically replaced to actually fix issues.

I also had a knocking/ squeak from the drivers door which sounds like it could be in the door trim or seals, well they added some insulating tape to the B pillar trim but that has not solved the issue :(

I've had the knocking/squeek from the drivers door and i pin pointed it to the bottom of the seat belt the plastic was tapping and rubbing against the side of the seat. I cured it by trimming the furry side of black sticky back velcro to the right size. looks like it was made for the car and it stopped the tapping. I did the same on a 2013 Cayman S as it was squeeking against the dash.