Electric window ground to a halt

diggerbucket

Reaction score
Well, on one of those frosty mornings my drivers side window packed in on my 2003 8P. Went to open it, and it tried to work against the ice and cut out. I got it to go down a bit giving it a helping hand but it wasn't keen to move. So tried to put it back up, and got a few horrible grinding noises, I was thinking it was gonna get stuck, or break sending the glass down into the door (!), but I got it up (excuse the pun). Now it's stuck there, when I push the button the motor seems to make a little effort but nothing moves.

So I guess I'll be pulling the door panel off soon, is it easy enough? What broken bits should I be expecting?

ihave same issue on my a4 avant if you get one person to pul window up whilst yo use button it goes up again easy enuff but doesnt fix problem i need to fi mine dont know the part either was going to get regulator kit but not sure if thats the problem :(

I have door modules available for 8P if interested.

Probably your window motor gave up. Happened to me last winter in a very similar scenario. Might have to replace it.