Dynamic Turn Signal- Front

D.rc

Reaction score
So today i was driving home and saw another audi a3 8p wiht a dynamic turn signal on the front headslights sort of like the new audi models however it was the standard headlight ? i have looked online but can only find one similar video to what i saw however its all in Japanese if anyone could help me understand whether this is worth doing or not would be great !

video

There is a company in Germany who sells whole sets with DRL/Dynamic blinkers, quite exspensive but very neat.
You can also do it yourself if you are into programming with e.g. Arduino

https://7-lights.de/scheinwerfer-umbau-dynamischer-led-blinker-audi-a3-s3-rs3-8p-fl?number=70202001

€500,-

Another option is to buy LED-strips and connect them to your + feed or so. Did this to my first car (older A3 2005 sportsback) to give it DRL. Pain in the *** to do and doesn't look as neat as factory but does the job :)

IMG-20190412-151457.jpg

IMG-20190412-152353.jpg

IMG-20190412-172410.jpg

IMG-20190412-173550.jpg

IMG-20190429-140118.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: D.rc
Splitting facelift lights is far harder to do & tbh I wouldn't want to damage £500 plus headlights.

Reactions: D.rc
Splitting facelift lights is far harder to do & tbh I wouldn't want to damage £500 plus headlights.

They look great , but i honestly wouldn't trust myself taking the entire headlight apart etc i managed to find a very similar pair of sequential turn strips which are waterproof-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sequenti...cator-DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-/162417105032

so im thinking ill just slot these under the light and in-between the gap in the bumper like the Japanese guy has in this video

Only problem is they need to be wired to the blinker light wire aswell as the DRL wire and i honestly have no idea where they are :/

They look great , but i honestly wouldn't trust myself taking the entire headlight apart etc i managed to find a very similar pair of sequential turn strips which are waterproof-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sequenti...cator-DRL-Daytime-Running-Light-/162417105032

so im thinking ill just slot these under the light and in-between the gap in the bumper like the Japanese guy has in this video

Only problem is they need to be wired to the blinker light wire aswell as the DRL wire and i honestly have no idea where they are :/

Wiring them is not as difficult as you think. I have had lots of strips like that, they work as follow;

Red wire: constant +
Yellow wire: blinker +
Black wire: ground

You connect the red wire to a live 12v, this enables the DRL, it will always shine. Then you get a multimeter and turn on the blinker. Just look on what terminal you receive a 12v up and drop. A blinker just send 12v pulses. Then you splice into that wire and obviously connect the ground to a proper grounding point.

But honestly mate, in the video it seems cool but in real life they are honestly dissapointing.. The strips don't shine as bright in bright daylight. They only look cool in the dark, trust me, not worth ******* up a clean looking A3 front with those things. I did it because I had an older sportback but wouldn't dare to put them in my facelift A3.

Then again, everyone's taste differs.

Goodluck :).