Dynamic sweeping indicator wing mirrors A6 2014

kashcheema

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to buy some dynamic wing mirrors for my C7 A6. I've seen some great videos of some of you install them yourselves. I'm not a DIY person in the slightest and fear if I attempt it I'll only end up breaking something. If I can source the parts (and if you guys can actually recommend where would be best to buy it), can someone local to me please install them for me? There's obviously money waiting for your time. I'm based in Erith, Kent but can travel close by.

Thank you,

Kash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine off eBay. look out for this box. Was easy to install there’s videos on YouTube as well.
c24c636bf798663ad1b1a5eff06db7a0.jpg

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Reactions: kashcheema
I got mine off eBay. look out for this box. Was easy to install there’s videos on YouTube as well.
c24c636bf798663ad1b1a5eff06db7a0.jpg

Thanks. Do you have a link to the item pls?

Thanks. Do you have a link to the item pls?

Those are A7 mirrors, the A6 ones are different.

Have a search on eBay, there are a few vendors all selling the same product

Reactions: kashcheema and Bishop187
Those are A7 mirrors, the A6 ones are different.

Have a search on eBay, there are a few vendors all selling the same product

Oh yes sorry. A6 are slightly different I think they use 2 screws rather than 1 to secure it. And they seem to be cheaper in price too. £30-40

Oh yes sorry. A6 are slightly different I think they use 2 screws rather than 1 to secure it. And they seem to be cheaper in price too. £30-40

Completely different mirrors between the A6 and A7 platforms. The A6 matrix signals were out a good 6 months before the A7 ones came to the market. I’m not entirely happy with the quality - I already have a failed segment after 3 months of usage. Seller ignored my emails requesting they send/sell me a left hand unit only but got totally ignored. My ocd is getting the better of me though, so need to change it when the price comes down some :racer:

Completely different mirrors between the A6 and A7 platforms. The A6 matrix signals were out a good 6 months before the A7 ones came to the market. I’m not entirely happy with the quality - I already have a failed segment after 3 months of usage. Seller ignored my emails requesting they send/sell me a left hand unit only but got totally ignored. My ocd is getting the better of me though, so need to change it when the price comes down some :racer:

Thanks for you advice. Do you think this is a common issue with these Chinese units, assuming you purchased yours from China?

Is it relatively easy to change yourself by the way? I'm afraid I might break something and it ends up being costly.

There are a number of units on eBay, all look the same albeit with different prices, so I don't know which is of a better quality

I’m pretty sure there is only one supplier/manufacturer, as all the pictures (eBay/Alibaba etc.) are the same, with pricing (for the A7) between £55 and £67 depending on site.

I don’t think it’s a widespread failure, l only know of a handful of others (same manufacturer, but in US).

They are relatively easy to fit. There is a comprehensive fitting guide here

And if you have the 360 deg cameras fitted expect to trim some plastic off the new signal as it interferes with the camera and wont allow the case to fit properly.

I’m pretty sure there is only one supplier/manufacturer, as all the pictures (eBay/Alibaba etc.) are the same, with pricing (for the A7) between £55 and £67 depending on site.

I don’t think it’s a widespread failure, l only know of a handful of others (same manufacturer, but in US).

They are relatively easy to fit. There is a comprehensive fitting guide here

This is very helpful information. Thank you.

And if you have the 360 deg cameras fitted expect to trim some plastic off the new signal as it interferes with the camera and wont allow the case to fit properly.

I don't have the cameras on the wing mirrors. Thanks for the heads up though.

How does using a pressure washer affect the installation of these? Can water seep and cause condensation? I seldom use a pressure washer anyway but was curious around the durability of the lights.

How does using a pressure washer affect the installation of these? Can water seep and cause condensation? I seldom use a pressure washer anyway but was curious around the durability of the lights.

I was worried bout this too. But it’s been fine for me so far. Had them on but 3 months

I was worried bout this too. But it’s been fine for me so far. Had them on but 3 months

I see you are based in London like me too. Could you help me install it? Beer or two in it for you?

Jet washing doesn’t affect them as I’m always jet washing my car & I use a really powerful Kranzle.

8824E733 5B9C 4C99 9ADA AD8CB1068F85