Dumb question about aftermarket HU

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Ok so here it goes...I currently have an rns-e installed with Navi.also the phone preparation and Bluetooth are factory installed.
I bought an alpine which includes microphone,gps antenna etc.
Do I need to use those cause obviously there is already a microphone installed with the current configuration.
Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so here it goes...I currently have an rns-e installed with Navi.also the phone preparation and Bluetooth are factory installed.
I bought an alpine which includes microphone,gps antenna etc.
Do I need to use those cause obviously there is already a microphone installed with the current configuration.
Am I missing something?

Not dumb mate. Mike should fit if it's the little Jack plug. Not sure about quality of the reception though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andreashadji
Thanks for replying mate.it is the small so that’s out.as far as reception goes I didn’t have any problems so far with the stock unit.i did raise though the mic sensitivity just a bit through VCDS.
I just don’t want to mess with trim removal etc.so I guess maybe the gps antenna plug could also fit into the new unit.
Fingers crossed!
I did buy a connect2 harness for the specific vehicle (A3,8p) so I guess I should be covered...
I have an appointment with the fitter on Monday so I will update !

Thanks for replying mate.it is the small so that’s out.as far as reception goes I didn’t have any problems so far with the stock unit.i did raise though the mic sensitivity just a bit through VCDS.
I just don’t want to mess with trim removal etc.so I guess maybe the gps antenna plug could also fit into the new unit.
Fingers crossed!
I did buy a connect2 harness for the specific vehicle (A3,8p) so I guess I should be covered...
I have an appointment with the fitter on Monday so I will update !

Ok sweet for the GPS antenna when they fit the unit .there is a recess between the air vents. That's where mines is perfect slot dead centre of the console

Does any one know what that amp connector is at the bottom of the picture?
It’s a stock RNS-E unit from a 2012 A3 8p model
aa93df1e94e2601310c56c6e5e49348f.jpg

I ve tried this connects2 harness
4020b9b8c9f1905f47b84a7a92b8f01e.jpg

And have no sound from the rear speakers and subwoofer.
This is the cars quadlock:
3fd3ed448e5011f57dcca94e97c2f440.jpg

Any help guys???

Anyone guys?no aftermarket sound gurus present?

Hi I have android pumpkin unit I did all the research due to issues with the rear speakers. On none bose and amped. Mines is none bose with sub in boot. I got all the correct connectors in the box but I went to Halfords and purchased thread just in case my system was simple plug and play. Hope this helps