DTM Steering Wheel?

sandspeed

Reaction score
I seem to be getting no interest in selling my DTM steering wheels, so I thought maybe asking if anyone in here would want to trade anything in here would be a good idea. So, anyone? I would trade for wheels, sideskirts, suspension, and whatever else catches my eye. Also, is there a reason the DTM Alcantara wheels and shift knobs aren't in high demand? I mean, they are pretty rare, and a very nice combo too.

Yeah lets have a look at it.

I dont think anything is selling too well at the minute, wheels still seem to be flying out the door however.

I dunno about anyone else, but i never ever look at the classified section of the site, only the a4 forum part.

Ok, here's some pics.

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

I picked up the multi-function one and had to get the other one just to get the shift knob. Also, does anyone know where to get the e-brake handle that matches this? I'm afraid to ask the dealer how much it would cost. :blink:

Personally I don't think Audi make the best looking steering wheels. The rim is nice, but the centre horn push is a bit bulbous IMO at least, I may be alone in this however :whistle2:

How much are you asking? And what sort of job would it be to wire in the MF wheel to a non-equipped car any idea?

They wouldn't match my charcoal trim sadly :sorry:

Reactions: Inertiauk
Ok, here's some pics.

I picked up the multi-function one and had to get the other one just to get the shift knob. Also, does anyone know where to get the e-brake handle that matches this? I'm afraid to ask the dealer how much it would cost. :blink:

Have you tried ringing vagparts mate? They do the handbrake cover for the RS4 so maybe able to get you the DTM one, it's worth a try. Even try a dealer, just to see if they are available and get a rough price.

It's a nice combo, be a shame if you can't complete the look!

How much are you asking? And what sort of job would it be to wire in the MF wheel to a non-equipped car any idea?

They wouldn't match my charcoal trim sadly :sorry:

I'm starting off asking 270 shipped for the multifunction wheel. Wiring in the MF isn't hard at all. I actually have all the parts to do that too. It's just a control module and centering ring to swap, which are very easy once you remove the wheel. It kinda hurts me to sell these, but I really like the TT-S wheel that's on the way to me, and I can't really afford to let these things lie around. Bills to pay and all that.

Personally I don't think Audi make the best looking steering wheels. The rim is nice, but the centre horn push is a bit bulbous IMO at least, I may be alone in this however :whistle2:

I have to agree on the streering wheel front, i think Audi went wrong with their design when everthing else interiorwise works

All I would say about the DTM wheel is that its know for warranty problems with the alcantara wearing prematurely. My friend has had two replacement wheels on his 57 S Line SE already. The seats aren't looking that good either and a warranty claim is going through for them too.

AND a lot of people don't have the know how or the balls to change steering wheels.

There is also NO hard and fast answer about whether the B7 wheel and airbag work 100% correctly on a B6 - hence why I've still got the standard 3 spoke leather one in my car....

Oh yeh... and some apparent scare mongering about a recession / credit crunch

yeah must admit to liking the round badge centre better than the square one, but still nice for someone who does like that shape, what about ebay mate?

Put a reserve on them so you know the minimum you will get if it sells and its cheap to list small items like that.

Check the postage weight and put that cost in seperately, ebay dont take commission on postage costs, just the final selling price.

You can't send the airbag by post - most couriers won't take it - so just check before you try and send it - its classed as an explosive. And you'll certainly have trouble sending it outside the UK for cheap money for this reason.