DSG Special edition cars check your front brakes.

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Reaction score
Found out I have S3 front brakes on mine, yes 345mm. and got a pair of S3 anti rattle clips in the post to fix to mine.
I've checked about and it seems to be dsg cars have the bigger brake set up for the extra braking efficiency.
Might be a cheaper alternative for you manual lads to source 2nd hand calipers and carriers as apposed to expensive S3 setup.

Ooh, didn't know that. Seeing as they are extra special I have a set of front calipers and EBC disks to match from a DSG up for grabs if there are any takers :)

I'm confused lol. My car is special edition or black edition and DSG but doesn't have S3 brakes?

I was told they are 345mm, I need to check mine, I have to take the wheel off and check the disc, I`m not sure now, on doing a quick check this evening they look to be 312mm.
I will get back to you on this.

Reactions: Granta
I was told they are 345mm, I need to check mine, I have to take the wheel off and check the disc, I`m not sure now, on doing a quick check this evening they look to be 312mm.
I will get back to you on this.

That sounds more sensible to me. Added weight of DSG plus my car being the 170 diesel it makes sense for it to share the bigger brakes, same as mk5 golf GTI. Off the top of my head the bog standard ones are 288mm, ours 312mm and S3/R32 are 345mm.

345mm brakes should look nice and big behind an 18" wheel, the 312mm don't look pathetic, but don't look big either.

Reactions: Sayam