Dsg map with different tuner engine map

Moxy89

Reaction score
i currently have a stage 1 custom map, and booked my Dsg to be map but another company, every company are saying the Dsg might not match the engine map :/, has anyone had this done and it be fine or is it likely my car will drive like a sack of spuds!

Any help would be great

i currently have a stage 1 custom map, and booked my Dsg to be map but another company, every company are saying the Dsg might not match the engine map :/, has anyone had this done and it be fine or is it likely my car will drive like a sack of spuds!

Any help would be great

Probably the best bet is asking the company that's going to do the DSG map as they will know better than anyone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they are all saying they might not be able to match the current map, however what's to match ? Torque ? I don't understand any of it haha

Well they are all saying they might not be able to match the current map, however what's to match ? Torque ? I don't understand any of it haha

I assume it's because the engine map will 'talk' to the gearbox map, is there no way you can get the DSG mapped by the engine mapper??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He hasn't done them before, I would like a tuner that's done plenty!

Reactions: Carlos85
Sorry bud, I'm unsure what that means, does this mean there just load a map on and it will drive like sh*te

It means that they are buying files in and so don't know exactly what they are doing. It doesn't mean the file is bad, and it doesn't mean the car will drive badly, but they can't make specific changes in order to work with your car if required.

Rick

Reactions: S.
exactly why you are always best going to some one like rick rather that these genetic maps from some of the big names. with people like rick you get so much more for your money and support for further modification.

I have had a full custom map on my engine and love it, however the mapper hasn't done Dsg before, nightmare