DSG Issue ?

Ssteve

Reaction score
Having come from the 8sp ZF box this is relatively new to me, although my wife has a new DSG Golf I'm reasonable au fait with the characteristics of the box.

When I'm facing up a slight incline I cannot get the car to 'creep' forward unless I take my foot right off the brake.

Bit difficult to explain but if I remove my foot from the brake it will creep @ 4mph which is fine in most cases, but if I want to creep slower when I feather the brake pedal lightly the car will come to a stop, when I remove some pressure from the pedal it sets off @ 4mph again, it won't creep any slower.

I've tried it in the Mrs Golf and it's fine and I have it booked in for the dreaded fuel cap solenoid so I've asked for this to be looked at, just wondered if anyone else is the same?

Sort of feels like a torque converter issue, even though it's only done 39k?

Thanks

Do you have the Hill hold option fitted?

Kind of sounds like it’s that kicking in - does your handbrake warning light turn green on the dash. (HH activated)?

Hi, no never use the hh, it's not as aggressive as the hh just feels like the torque converter is struggling or needs calibration (I know)