DSC Sport Mag Ride controller - Smoother ride, better handling

rex_racer

Reaction score
Hi there, long time lurker, first time creating an account and posting. I have a MQB S3 with mag ride.

Have any of you guys come across DSC Sport? They create controllers and essentially re-write the programming for the suspension settings. By reading in additional data from the ECU they are able to reprogram the car so that it dynamically self adjusts based on inputs from the road and from you the driver. They say it ends up creating a smoother ride and at the same time a better handling vehicle. Since the MR shocks essentially don't have valving, the compression and rebound are basically controlled through programming. DSC Sport is comprised of racers and suspension engineers that know shocks, so they know what they're doing. They currently have products for Corvette, Camaro, Viper, Mustang and a number of Porsche products. There's a ton of reviews on the Porsche page that go on and on about how much better the car rides and how much the handling improved.

I read around on their other product offerings and was blown away at how much they can do. Not only are the revised suspension settings tied into the Driver Mode button on the dash, but they also grant us, the user, full adjustability. So you're buying revised shock tunes for a more comfortable ride and a tune to make the car corner better, and then you have the ability to tweak the settings yourself. Digging deeper I found that they take advantage of the accelerometer in the car so that you can adjust the shocks for braking, acceleration and even cornering. That means that if I'm stabbing the brakes I can tune the shocks to stiffen up to make braking more stable and shorter. Under acceleration I can let the car squat and grip more. In a corner where side loading is high, we could stiffen the outer rear shock to get the rear end to come around more naturally through the turn. As someone who has Ohlins, Motons and Advance Design shocks on my toy cars, having this kind of adjustability that works dynamically without the driver needing to make physical adjustments at the shock is a dream come true.

I reached out to the guys and they stated that if we showed enough interest in the controller they would be able to get it on to the development table sooner. Pair this controller with some sleeve overs and some camber plates and you could have a really great suspension setup that really works well.

If you're at all interested in any of this fill out the form at the link: http://eepurl.com/cCaF5T.

Here's a video I found of their complete kit, suspension controller and upgraded shocks. Its pretty amazing how stable the coffee is going over all the bumps, pot holes, expansion joints and so on.

Reactions: mr gee, S3 Turbo, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Subscribed!

Sounds like the JB4 of dynamic suspension.

That would be the idea, the more we can show DSC we are interested by signing up, the more likely it is they'll jump aboard and start a product line for the S3. We'll be able to dial in the ride quality and get the handling we know the car is really capable of.

Hi all, got some feedback from DSC Sport. They stated that they want to proceed forward with Audi development, however they already have a full plate with Camaro, Mustang GT350 and Ford Focus development. Realistically speaking they do not believe they'll be able to get to Audi development until the start of next year. If you haven't already, please complete the form, maybe we can urge them on to get to our platform sooner! Keep in mind, if things go well here, they could easily extend into the RS3, or other Audi chassis that use mag ride shocks as well.

Hi all, got some feedback from DSC Sport. They stated that they want to proceed forward with Audi development, however they already have a full plate with Camaro, Mustang GT350 and Ford Focus development. Realistically speaking they do not believe they'll be able to get to Audi development until the start of next year. If you haven't already, please complete the form, maybe we can urge them on to get to our platform sooner! Keep in mind, if things go well here, they could easily extend into the RS3, or other Audi chassis that use mag ride shocks as well.

I heard about this recently on The Smoking Tyre podcast. A 911 racer/tuner in the states considers them to be little short of magical. I'm definitely up for it when it comes out.

I heard about this recently on The Smoking Tyre podcast. A 911 racer/tuner in the states considers them to be little short of magical. I'm definitely up for it when it comes out.

Yes, the tech is pretty cool. There are reviews on Corvette's, Porsche's and Vipers where after fitting the unit the car rides much more comfortably while increasing cornering grip. The dynamic shock adjustments while braking/cornering/accelerating I think are really cool and could really change how the car drives.

Let's keep the form fills coming. If they enter into the S3 market, it could mean that they transfer the knowledge to other MR Audis such as the RS3, S4, etc, etc.

Hi everyone, thank you for the kind comments on our DSCsport module. We have been doing market testing for new upcoming cars and are considering all possibilities. If you are in the DC metro area and would be willing to have your car be a DSCsport test mule please contact us at rpontes@dscsport.com.

i'd like to follow this thread for my next car....sounds really great