DRL bulb replacement

bree9482

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking to upgrade the DRL bulbs to the MTEC bulbs i have been reading about..

Done a search and seen a post that relates to these MTEC bulbs that dont require resistors ect...

Can any on give me a link to the correct fitment or tell me the correct bulb type..?

As far as l can tell its a 382 21w bulb,

Thanks
Brendan

I'm running Mtec fog light bulbs and they produce a lovely white light.....so I ordered some Mtec 1156 21w bulbs for my reverse lights (Same as the 382's) and yes they are a lovely white light and do look bright.....but compared to the original bulbs that produce the yellow light they are nowhere near as good for illuminating the rear of the car when it's dark....but that's down to the spectrum they produce.

They should OK as DRL's as they don't have to light up where you are going.

Here's the newer chrome version CLICKY

You maybe better looking at LED alternatives but you would require resistors then.

Last edited:
Reactions: bree9482
Untitled 1

Reactions: bree9482
I'm running Mtec fog light bulbs and they produce a lovely white light.....so I ordered some Mtec 1156 21w bulbs for my reverse lights (Same as the 382's) and yes they are a lovely white light and do look bright.....but compared to the original bulbs that produce the yellow light they are nowhere near as good for illuminating the rear of the car when it's dark....but that's down to the spectrum they produce.

They should OK as DRL's as they don't have to light up where you are going.

Here's the newer chrome version CLICKY

You maybe better looking at LED alternatives but you would require resistors then.

Thank you very much for the info and pic...!!

I had read on the led's, not wanting to mess around with resistors and wires, all the guide l read showed the resistors but not what wires to splice into..

I figured just get something that produces a white light rather than the yellow..

Again thanks !!