1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Drivers door switch trim help

Alex Holmes Jan 26, 2019

1. Alex Holmes

Alex Holmes Registered User

Does anyone know where to find the drivers door(GB) switch trim that has the 4th position for folding mirrors? Tps reckon the part was discontinued last year and there is none on ebay newnor used. Part numbers seem to be confusing between the different trim variations.
    Cheers Screenshot_20190126-100732_Google.jpg

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

what part numbers do you have Alex?

4. Alex Holmes

Tps gave me this 8E2 867 172 (plus trim colour code which is soul black) an ebay search only turns up the standard 3 position trim panel without folding icon. I have contacted a few seat breakers on ebay as it seems the vast majority or Exeo's had power fold mirrors. Just waitimg for a response.

5. AlexMac

AlexMac Active Member VCDS Map User

6. Alex Holmes

Thats actually one of the sellers ive contacted, i could do without the rest of the door card and seems a shame to waste it. I will see what others say when they contact me back, but that is an option if i can't get hold of one

7. AlexMac

Don't know if there would be any demand for the rest of the door card minus the handle, but at worst could always try re-selling it minus the handle, or possibly even pop your existing (non-power fold) trim on it to resell?

8. Alex Holmes

Yep, there all options, i just need to get hold of the correct trim first. Its the only part ive got left to find

9. AlexMac

Nightmare. I honestly would have thought that would be the easy bit to source compared to the modules and mirrors! Just goes to show...

10. Alex Holmes

I expected the same thing, power fold mirrors for cabs are more common than avant/ saloon and i think i bought the only 2 on evay, i also have my eye on a few modules in case mine dont work its just this damn trim panel!

11. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

have you looked on ebay.de ….sometimes a lot of kit appears on it and not uk site.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. ***DK***

***DK*** Registered User

I had the same trouble when I did my cabriolet folding mirror retrofit. Eventually found a guy on eBay selling the full door card. Bit annoying when you only need one bit but worked out quite cheap in the end.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

14. AlexMac

15. AlexMac

16. I'm Just Rob.

well I've found you a lhd one alex….., is there a finders fee for a right hander now.

17. AlexMac

They've got another but it's very tatty

18. AlexMac

19. I'm Just Rob.

Told you so...now were's my fee...:icon thumright:

20. AlexMac

Although.... it's actually slightly more money than the entire door card I linked to earlier!!!! From the same place too!
    WTF? Might be more than Alex wants to pay.

21. I'm Just Rob.

well that's 4 I 've found so far, I think i'll buy them all and sell them for a million £££..lol

22. AlexMac

LOL
    Alex did say he'd already contacted this company asking about them so I wonder if they've seen the opportunity to try their luck price wise....

23. I'm Just Rob.

that's not the only company with them.....

24. Alex Holmes

Yep they are like rocking horse S*** new and usind. Plenty of new none folding varients but none of what i need hense taking the Seat breakers option.

25. I'm Just Rob.

just found another one in the uk…...not silly money either.

[​IMG]

26. I'm Just Rob.

search 8E2 867 172c

27. AlexMac

28. Alex Holmes

Yeah Rob thats the only one ive come across in the uk, the condition is whats putting me off to be honest. I may end up with the full door card as like you say the condition looks good, also its located about 10mins from me.

29. norad97

norad97 Registered User

Hi Rob, Thats a good find, Im looking for this for my mirror mod, I guess you can remove the black cover with the mirror switch and windows switches
    out of the arm rest and fit in to my arm rest, if you get what i mean.

30. I'm Just Rob.

yes indeedy.

31. norad97

norad97 Registered User

i was going to buy a new one, but this one looks realy good to me.

32. I'm Just Rob.

there are 4 or 5 for sale on the web , most on ebay , choose which one is best suited to your requirement chap....all pretty evenly priced.

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. norad97

norad97 Registered User

Hi Rob, Thanks I bought the Seat one from your link.

35. Alex Holmes

Ive secured one today, paid a premium though, im just hoping the condition was worth the money

36. I'm Just Rob.

So happy bunnies all round

37. Alex Holmes

Ill get back to you on that one when there fitted! Lol

38. norad97

norad97 Registered User

Hi Rob, just had delivered the Seat Exo part you linked from Ebay, Its in great condition, no wear marks at all, and all for £30.00.
    beleive me I`m fussy about what I put in my car, great find thanks mate :thumbs up:

I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  39. Alex Holmes

******! Thats annoying! Lol good effort anyway, im also very fussy and just hoping mine is in a good a condition as yours when it lands. My replacement mirrors arrived today too.
    20190129_162903.jpg

40. norad97

norad97 Registered User

Hi, I received my mirrors yesterday, stripped down and blow out the junk, Im using the mirror caps from my car , not sure when I will fit them, bit cold to be outside at the mo.

Still waiting for the modules in the next few days. keep me posted on how you get on, Thanks.

41. Alex Holmes

Will do, what door modules do you have currently out of curiosity? Mine are the correct part number but end in F. Accoring to the retrofit guide, parts with E work but not B. Im unsure wether mine will work or not( mine have only a single row of pins) I have my eye on a couple just in case but i dont want to take the plunge until ive tested my original units. No point in wasting money!

42. I'm Just Rob.

all making good progress then chaps, not that I need to do the mod but what sort of total cost are involved, might be handy for future ref should others want to do the same.

43. ***DK***

***DK*** Registered User

Could also ready the door card for memory seats while the door card is off. Just need the memory switch and appropriate housing then repair wires to build the loom. Does need appropriate memory module under seat and wiring loom to work mind. But that could be a stage 2 piece of work.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk