Drivers door seals

steve184

Reaction score
does anyone find the door seals are noisy on their A4? Like a creaky noise like the door is moving on the seals as you go over uneven roads?

It’s a ****** brand new car! If they needed lube it should have been done at the factory.

Unfortunately this is very common with all gutterless body design and is due to the slight movement if the door within the appatures of the door openings. Both my mk4 mondeo and my mk3 focus did this.
As Kevin states some lubrication is needed to resolve this...

I hear ya like!! But my brothers sunroof on his golf gti was same and the vw dry lubricant did the trick also helps doors seal better i believe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick. Sorts the problem. Period.

Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick. Sorts the problem. Period.
+1 for this
And yes as others stated. Common across most cars and every car I've had. I have to reapply the above product every few months to keep the noises at bay. Annoying but it's just a factor of modern car design

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lubrication suggests two surface rubbing on one another? The door should sufficiently compress the rubbers that they don’t rub each other. All other doors quiet. I can for evthe noise just pushing my finger against the plastic surround at the top of the window, which by the way is a ***** design. Plastic is the worst material to seal onto from a noise point of view.