Drivers door parking brake fault

Cambaines

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Had this pop up on the car this morning, anyone else seen this?

Cheers

Cam
c33528133f59c059fa9aaad642a8581a.jpg
463b8c2d471220c2f9226e3600cbcc32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not seen that

Have you done any troubleshooting... Does the handbrake auto-apply like it should if you open the drivers door while it is in drive?

Can you apply the parking brake or is that faulty? If so does it stop you from locking the car at all?

Not seen that

Have you done any troubleshooting... Does the handbrake auto-apply like it should if you open the drivers door while it is in drive?

Does it really do this? Does it only apply the parking brake whilst stationary? I know mine doesn't auto release if a door isn't fully closed but if the handbrake comes on if you open the door whilst on the move sounds dangerous.

Does it really do this? Does it only apply the parking brake whilst stationary? I know mine doesn't auto release if a door isn't fully closed but if the handbrake comes on if you open the door whilst on the move sounds dangerous.

It does, I opened it slightly when parking against the kerb one day to make sure the wheels stayed as they should and I nearly head butted the steering wheel! Looked at the dash and it had put the handbrake on.

Reactions: Cambaines, azibux1 and TYb
Haha as @Tom.H says it does exactly that! I had it in the same scenario the first day I got the car and was parking against a kerb, opened the door while reversing back slightly and it slammed the handbrake on! :D

Reactions: Cambaines
I understand why Audi did that, but damnit if it didn't wake me up the first time it did it. Now I know to just release it instantly upon opening the door, but... think I'll have a look and see if it can be disabled with VCDS.

Reactions: Cambaines
Thanks for your replies, musnt be a common thing then, It had this error all day yesterday, parking brake worked perfectly, doors locked and unlocked, just had this error, yesterday evening I got in my car and it had disappeared? Very strange! This car scares with how electrically controlled it is give me a good old hand brake any day!

Reactions: richinsoton
I shall get it plugged into a vagcom over the weekend to see if it's stored anything, may be an intermittent fault but would rather get it to audi if it happens again

Did you find out what the issue was, ive the same problem recently but without the parking break error, only difference is my battery keeps getting drained because low battery message keeps popping up