1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Drivers door leaking at top of door

John Pilkington Jun 15, 2019

1. John Pilkington

John Pilkington Registered User

Hi,brand new s3 leaking water at top of drivers door.anyone else had this problem.also motorway noise from top of door any ideas thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

I had this on mine after a few weeks from new.
    It’s a floating window, that’s what the Audi called it, and sometimes the back and front gets misaligned. All you need to do is open it half way and gently lift the front and back of the window the open and close with the button. That worked for me. Well that’s what the Audi tech showed me.

Pic of mine. The back wasn’t quite getting to the seal
    upload_2019-6-15_16-18-5.jpeg

4. John Pilkington

Hi mate thanks for the reply.mine seems to be not sealing at the back.am not happy with this may take it back to the dealer.should not happen on a brand new car or is this a common fault

5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

Take it back and have them look at it, you have a brand new car that isn't satisfactory...

6. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

I took mine back and they showed me how to fix it in 3 seconds. Never happened again. Wish they told me over the phone rather than me driving 30 miles to them. Worth a try rather than trip to dealers especially if it’s raining.
    The tech did say dirt and stuff can get trapped in the seal and the window doesn’t go up evenly.

7. John Pilkington

Car booked into dealers next week.Said they will sort whatever it is that's wrong and water test it,still annoyed brand new car should not do this.thanks for the replies

8. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Mine was 2 months old when it had that also had a broken headlight washer in that time.
    Sh1t happens and nothing is ever 100% that’s why we have warranty.

9. John Pilkington

Hi pal what did they replace,thanks

10. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Nothing. Just yanked the window back up and it’s been fine since.

John Pilkington likes this.