Driver side heated seat not working?

Tommy53

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice on why my driver's side heated seat doesn't work on my 2011 Audi A3.

Firstly the passanger ones works fine.

Fuse is good.

I've checked the resistance on the passanger seat Vs the driver seat and they're fairly similar.

I checked the voltage going to the passanger side seat with the seat plug disconnected and found 13volts on the pins when tested in a few different ways. The same test was carried out in the driver side and I only got 3volts?

Because of this I removed my climate control until and checked the heated switches (they are 6 setting roller switch potentiometers) and both the passanger and drivers side gave the same reading.

Unsure where to go from here, appreciate any help.

Thanks

Swap wiring over from passenger to driver's etc & see if driver's or passengers seat works, that should pinpoint.

Where does the wiring go back to from the bottom of the seat please? Is it to the Climate control unit so id just have to take the floor up? I couldn't find a wiring diagram anywhere.

thanks

Also measure the resistance of the heating element with the connector disconnected, to confirm if open circuit

Swap seats first rule them out, and really you want to test all wiring plugged in and switched on