Drive Select on 1.4 TFSI Sport

Anyone else notice no "Efficiency" mode, only Dynamic, comfort and Auto. Coming from the A3 i would have assumed it would be there?

Not sure to be honest as it was available on the S4 I tested. What engine / trim do you have? All I can think is that if it's maybe an Ultra model the 'auto' reverts to economy when driven gently?

Only thing I can think of is that there are different modes dependant on trim level? I'm sure that someone with more knowledge will be along soon to put me right. :)

You get efficiency in the diesel Sport trim (I've got a 190 2.0 TDI), so might not be a trim specific. You'll need other petrol drivers to help you I think.

Auto or Manual box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah - then I guess there is nothing it can be efficient about? The drive select would only affect throttle / steering response?
In an S-Tronic it would control the gear change timing / coasting also.

Reactions: First Ever Audi and Daggerit
Ah - then I guess there is nothing it can be efficient about? The drive select would only affect throttle / steering response?
In an S-Tronic it would control the gear change timing / coasting also.

Good thinking. Both the models I've tested were auto and both had it...

Reactions: First Ever Audi
I have the manual, albeit the 2.0, not the 1.4.

Mine does have an 'Efficiency' setting in the Drive Select.

Hmm, don't know then. Seems totally random?!

2.0TDI 190 6SP man S-line with adaptive suspension.
a489f03ca9ee31188eb9c07d21fa228d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The 2.0TFSi is designated "Ultra" and is more efficient (on paper at least) than the 1.4TFSi which doesn't get the Ultra designation. Maybe when the B9 finally gets the 1.5 cylinder-on-demand power unit the smaller engine will have the Efficiency mode.

Pete