Dpf DIY

If was the case that some of the insulation was left in there and blocked up somewhere along the exhaust would that cause the problem that I'm having,also that mesh ring inside the housing I left that in do you think if that came off would it go back to the back box and block up there?

Yes it could cause a restriction in the exhaust. There are two bits of mesh, one at either end of the DPF by the way.

Reactions: Gaz170
I brought the car back to him today and he scanned it, there are no faults so he wants to keep it for a day or two and drive it himself,I need the car so I'm going to drive it away until I can take off the exhaust and see if that wire mesh had come off,I'm hoping it traveled back to the back box so shouldn't be too hard to find lol

I had a loss of power on mine just after it had been mapped, turned out the EGR valve that had failed and was not staying totally shut. Obviously you don't get the engine management lights as this is mapped out. Blanked it off with a metal plate and all was good.

Might be worth a look, realistically it could be anything though.

hi all so it's been a whil, I checked the exhaust and all is good there,I cleaned the egr and manifold aswell,
When I done the dpf delete I opend the flap moter because of a shudder when switching off the engine,the white cog was missing a tooth so I turned it 180 degrees an it worked perfect . Now I've noticed the shudder is back again and when I switch off the car there is a noise like the moter in the mfm is spinning for 4 or 5 seconds ruining the teeth on the cogs but if I turn the actual flap by hand it seems ok. ??????