Door locks 'clicking'

Jameze

James
Reaction score
I've had an issue lately whereby the door locks are randomly 'clicking' by themselves. By clicking I mean...

When you lock or unlock the doors, the locks 'clunk'. If you press the lock / unlock button again when the doors are already locked / unlocked, then the car makes a quieter 'clicking' sound.

...I hope that makes sense?

Well recently my doors have just been randomly clicking! Sometimes it's once or twice, other times it's 10 times in a row. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. It happens when driving, in traffic, when the doors have just been unlocked, when the doors have just been closed etc etc.

It isn't every single time but it's enough for me to notice and it's driving me mad.

Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be a faulty sensor or switch or something? It's almost as if the door doesn't think the door is locked or unlocked so it's trying again and again to lock / unlock the door. But I've not experienced any issues whereby a door doesn't open when unlocking the car or a door is unlocked after locking.

Any help much appreciated! It's driving me nuts.

I blame passengers slamming my doors!

It sounds like its possibly the automatic lock that kicks in around 10-15mph, not sure what its called but someone will be able to answer. I believe it can be disabled in VCDS

It's definitely not that, it doesn't just happen when I'm driving, it can happen when I first unlock the doors or when I arrive back and take the keys out of the ignition. There's no pattern to when it occurs / how many times it does it, it's just random and irritating.

It definitely sounds like the doors are trying to lock or unlock when they're already locked / unlocked.

Mine does this too, never found out what was doing it.

So I managed to get the car scanned and found the following faults...

2 Faults Found
00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking. Front Passenger Side (F221)
008 - Implausible Signal​
00106 - Signal Central Locking SAVE/LOCK Passenger Side
008 - Implausible Signal​

That's also the same door which my puddle light has stopped working so it's beginning to sound like a wiring issue. Will update once the wiring has been checked, hopefully that solves the issues!