Help Please Door locks/central locking problems

Dc2supersport

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm Praying you guys can help and advise me with a issue I'm having with the door locks/central locking on my 2013 a4 avant.

So I bought only two days ago from a trader. Upon viewing the car I noticed the offside front would not unlock.
The offside rear would also not unlock and there was not any resistance when pulling the handle.

The dealer agreed to replace both front and rear offside door locks before taking the car away.

A week later I collected the car and the door locks in question were now working perfectly. Happy days I thought.

Just two days later I'm Having more issues with the locks.

All of the doors will lock when using the fob, however when unlocking the alarm disarms and I can hear the usual noise from the central locking system disengaging the locks but sometimes they will unlock and other times they won't. It's totally random which doors will unlock.

The rear offside door will not open when using the inside handle. It's like the child lock has been activated when it hasn't.

Really not sure where to go with this issue from here on out.

Any help, advice or info would be much appreciated please.

Many thanks

The door lock mechanism is a common fault, you need to get it plugged into VCDS or similar to check for fault codes.

If it is the lock mechanism they are only about £25 off eBay new and there are loads of YouTube videos on how to change them.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk