Door card removal... broken clips

Kevin_w90

Kevin
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hellooo, removing my door card to fit puddle lights and I started with the rear. Broke a number of clip holders that are part of the door card itself (I'll have to glue them back together). The card was really stiff to come off using a plastic trim removal tool and left most of the plugs in the door! Any tips on getting these cards off before I attempt the front? Must be an easier way?

Thanks
Kevin

Hellooo, removing my door card to fit puddle lights and I started with the rear. Broke a number of clip holders that are part of the door card itself (I'll have to glue them back together). The card was really stiff to come off using a plastic trim removal tool and left most of the plugs in the door! Any tips on getting these cards off before I attempt the front? Must be an easier way?

Thanks
Kevin
Yea you need a 2 forked shaped plastic trim tool to pull the plug from the door. They are funny little things that move slightly to lock.

1e2fa21cce96c228d991998b9e854357.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kevin_w90
Brilliant! Thanks for that. Wish I'd checked first before removing them... sure a bit of glue will work Ok to hold them back on.

Thanks

I had a couple of broken ones too super glued them back on no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk