Dome light wiring??

Drill

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Does anyone know where the dome light wires run behind the dash?? I'm adding footwell lights to my TQ and need to tap into the dome lights in order to get the "Dimming" effect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Thx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Uh, YEAH guys, the main dome light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It's right there in the front/middle of your car, and comes on when you unlock it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I've got some light fittings (Same as the ones in the hatch (boot)) and I'm going to put them in the footwells and wire them into the "Interior" light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif I've also ordered some blue LED bulbs so that when you unlock the car, you get a nice blue glow from inside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

On my A4 the footwell lights work independantly of the courtesy interior light. When you open the driver's door it comes on and then goes off when you shut it and the same with the passengers, methinks!!! If this is the case then you could use each door switch to wire to. Not sure whether you could wire direct, you would have to get a multimeter on it and see whether 12v is on the wire when open and 0 when shut. Good luck!

Hmm, well thanks guys, definately gives me some options /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had thought that the A4 footwell lights worked in conjunction with the dome light. But if they come on with the door, then I may just do that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thx again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif