Does warranty cover pitted / corroded exhaust tips?

Had a quick look under my 2.0TFSI. Looks like it clips on.

View attachment 147510 View attachment 147511

That's good to know for folk. I wonder if the difference is that there's only one exhaust setup for the S4 so they just weld them on but you can get variants with and without the chrome finishers on various trim levels of A4 so they clip them on to save having lots of different exhausts. Makes sense I guess! :)

Tips on my PFL S3 could be removed but definitely not on the B9 S4’s.

Reactions: Daggerit
Ta Da!!
Audi Exhaust tip Jan 18
Audi Exhaust tip 3 Jan 18
Audi Exhaust tip 2 Jan 18

Reactions: Daggerit
Yep it’s a shame the S4 tips can’t be removed as easily as the S3.
I'm on second set of tips and found the wonder cleaner .non abrasive and beats all the Auto stuff hands down
c8d1eeee0bdd559efb6d4d81770f7f27.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rasA4 and cuke2u
Obviously a bit late for you in this instance, but if you wipe the tips with WD40 or similar when you clean the car they're MUCH easier to clean.

I do it each time I clean the car, takes 2 minutes and keeps them as good as new.

Hopefully you'll be able to get them swapped out and add the step above to your cleaning regime!

A but late to this, but WD40 is penetrative and will likely make the coating degrade faster. It’s not just oil. Depends how long you leave it on for, I suppose. Do you mean start the wash with WD40 then clean it off?

If you do decide to try & remove them powder coating works great. Had it done on my RS6 BUT they are separate to the exhaust tips & are trims that sit in the rear diffuser & can be removed .