Do these IQ values mean I need to change injectors?

zit501

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Vehicle: 2004 B6 A4 1.9 TDi, AVF Engine

So I've been having the PD idle shake symptom, which seems to be fairly common when doing searches. Nobody has any definitive answers, but there are some common causes presented, such as worn cam, worn DMF, worn injectors, injection timing out, injector wiring loom, etc.

My shaky idle is there about 80% of the time, and worse when there are auxiliaries running. If I turn the AC and lights off then it's very subtle. This leads me to think that my DMF is ok. It also doesn't go away when I put the clutch in.

I've checked the lifters and cam lobes, all look normal with no funny wear like some people have shown. I've also checked my injection timing is within the recommended range.

I've checked the wiring loom extensively, all good. I've also done a Diesel Purge, with no change.

So I've checked my IQ values, and there are 2 screenshots below. One with AC and lights on (larger value on cyl.2), one with no auxiliaries running (smaller value on cyl.2).

Based upon the value of Cylinder 2 being so positive, and the other 3 cylinders trying to even it out, does this mean that cylinder 2's injector might be at fault? Or all of them might be at fault?
Every time I log in and check them it's similar results.

Thanks for your assistance
Mark

IQ1_zpssjo1gaql.png

IQ2_zpssy8pymxd.png