DMF Knackered

Paddyposh

Reaction score
Hi all

Just had a mechanic mate look at my car as it’s been jumping so thought maybe EGR valve , but when idling and when you press the clutch there’s a loud rattle /shake at idol and he said it’s the dmf

reckons it’s a mega expensive job and might be worthwhile doing a solid flywheel conversion as the kits are a lot cheaper and not much difference in how it runs

how much roughly would the job be either to replace the dmf like for like or to do a solid conversion? Parts and labour

I’m going to ring round in next couple of days but just indys, just wondering what a rough price might be so I know what to expect

car has done 100k but want to keep it for a while, Miles much lower now as in working from home for the foreseeable

Just looking on eBay I’ve found some dmf/clutch kit/csc kits for around 250 and clutch kits/solid conversion Kit for about 180-200

no idea myself so keen to know but just thought I’d check part prices quickly

So a DMF which has lasted 100k miles is not worth an additional £50?

I don’t know if it’s been replaced before but no I don’t mind I was after an opinion as the chap said he thinks the solid conversions are better

I’ve got no idea myself so just after advice and an idea on overall price

Fair enough.

Pay the few additional pounds for a Sachs branded part

Reactions: Paddyposh
Is that EBay item everything you’d need if I were to supply parts?

I did see this earlier and saved it, that brand

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372637138404

Any idea of labour cost roughly?
Just a word of warning regarding ************ , i made a mistake a 18 months ago when i needed a DMF and clutch for a 1 series BMW (LUK) i was sent a mixed lot of wrong parts non were LUK did a google and realised i should have realised why they were cheaper than any one else..just spend a couple of mins searching them and you will see they are not