Disc change??

Reaction score
Hi all.. fairly new to the world of my S3 8v so sorry if this is a really simple question…
I’d like to change my brake discs to vented ones, no bigger just think it looks better. I’ve always done my own brakes on other cars in the past but, I wondered is it still possible on these or do you need any fancy tools or plug in magic? ie electric handbrake etc. Also is it as simple as just buying some vented discs the same size as the standard ones?
thanks in advance!

Std S3 are vented!

And you’ll need a obd tool to do the rears as electric handbrake as you said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Zimmermann Sport discs on mine together with their pads and they are great. I believe the ref. no. was 600.3243.52.
They honestly brake so much better than stock.
Only downside so far is that they can squeek for about 500m when it has rained and you drive off.

da3049eec3d84f7872ad7842f97a6c7d.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

By vented, do you mean drilled? The cheapest way of putting the EPB into service mode to change the discs/pads is to buy Carista to plug into the OBD port. £25 with a "free" month's access to the app. No other fancy tools needed.

Reactions: Phutters
That looks cool- sorry I didn’t mean vented, I meant grooved/drilled! Told you I was new

as for OBD tools. Any advice?

By vented, do you mean drilled? The cheapest way of putting the EPB into service mode to change the discs/pads is to buy Carista to plug into the OBD port. £25 with a "free" month's access to the app. No other fancy tools needed.
Ah that’s very good to know!

Probably good idea to go for the clubsport s discs as they're about 1kg lighter at each side compared to the stock discs, they look good and they're vag oem.

Shouldn't those disks be "handed"? the cooling vanes on the inside should be arced like a pump impeller and go in opposite directions. With these, one will cool better than the other.
And the price! I bought a pair of similar
299mm anodised coated discs recently for £72

Can the EPB motor be unbolted and the EPB be manually retracted similar to the S4?

Can the EPB motor be unbolted and the EPB be manually retracted similar to the S4?

There is probably a whole load of ways you could risk breaking the EPB or it not working properly afterwards.
Not worth risking it to save £25. (IMHO)

Reactions: Phutters